Monday, July 28, 2008

Jam Up!




Last night Hubs and I decided we were going to try and make our own blueberry jelly. (Thats right, jelly, not jam). We have all these fresh picked blueberries from our backyard - and since you can only eat so many blueberry cobblers and dump cakes - we decided to do something different.


Thus commenced the bluberry smashing madness in our kitchen. My hands are stained from straining blueberry pulp through panthose just to get 3 cups of juice. Nonetheless - we followed the directions to the T and are waiting on the 24 hour set period to end. As of right now, sadly, the concoction has not "jelly-fied". Maybe be 7pm we will be eating blueberry jelly on toast - we'll just have to wait and see.

But I LOVE trying new things like this with my hubby. Even when it doesn't work out right - at least we gave it our best shot. In fact, we've enjoyed blueberry season so much that we are planning to plant our own garden this fall. Self-sustaining here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it! Funny. I was just asking someone to teach me how to make jelly TODAY!