Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crafting = Nesting

So I think my nesting instinct is inadvertently confused with the need to craft. Just what this house needs... more projects going on. But it's making me happy. And Peanut is moving around so I'm going to go with the idea that he or she is excited about all the little things I'm doing. :)

Here is the quilt I promised to show you....

I mean... who can resist the lovin'-est pup in the world?.... hmm.... me .. bc I need to show you for real what this thing came out like (but it is cuddly and snuggly like her)

Front

Back

Oh, and I went to the fabric store today and found some nice little home decor fabric to cover the sweet granny glider we inherited from hubs' Grandma Mary. It is a special piece, but I needed it to reflect our style... so here she is...


And there is a great glider foot stool that goes with the chair so obviously it must be recovered as well. I get the thing all taken apart and get the staple gun out only to be informed we have no staples. SO CLOSE to finishing a project in one night (which never happens) only to find out our supplies our low. Dang construction projects... would it be so much to ask for one sleeve of staples? Honestly....
On to tomorrow - maybe it will bring some real life nesting instead of craft chaos. G'night ya'll.

1 comment:

theclaxtonfamily said...

The chair looks great! Keep on with all of your projects but just remember....No Knitting!!!