Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So we get this phone call...


Friend: "Dude, I just pulled up to your house and there's a firetruck in the yard..."
Hubs: "WHAT!? What's going on..."
Friend: "I don't know let me call you back as soon as I find out... "
Hubs: "Okay, call me right back, I'll head that way"

Instead, Hubs receives pic in his e-mail. This is definitely our house. With a fire truck in the yard.

Clearly.

Hubs calls back. Now he hears the sirens.

Hubs: "Dude, what is going on?? Should I come home? Is everything ok?" (I know this sounds strange, but we have bonfires in the field every once and again, so there is a chance its not the house, just to clarify).
Friend: "Dude, I don't know. There are sirens and firefighters. I am trying to get someone to answer me, but I'm not the homeowner."
Hubs: "Put them on the phone, I'll talk to them..."
Friend: "I'm just kidding dude, I'm driving the fire truck around for a friend... a mechanic, making sure he fixed everything. It's like, the coolest thing ever..."

Only our friends get to drive around fire trucks for no apparent reason. Such is our random life.

2 comments:

theclaxtonfamily said...

Lauren this is the best thing I have ever read!! You have made my day! :-)

christy said...

fun!