Monday, February 14, 2011

Day by day

Wednesday I will be halfway. Halfway through my pregnancy. Halfway through working out all of these emotions that I feel all day. And no where near halfway through worrying abou this child. You know, it's just one of those things - a mother never stops worrying. Not completely anyway.

And today is the day I reflect on how much I love.

I love...

feeling this child kick
that I am carrying a son
that my little girl has me wrapped around her finger
watching Hubs melt when she crawls up on him to drink her milk at night
the pack of orea cookies and card that showed up on my couch last night
my siblings and their crazy antics
my (growing) family
playing outside
little hands wrapped around mine
living where I can feel fresh air
smelling salt air when you get close to the beach
being challenged, intellectually
drinking chocolate milk
wine tastings (not currently)
my close friends
feeling loved
the idea of curling up next to my husband for mindless sitcoms tonight

I will take this journey day by day. And today is a good day. Not because I have a Valentine - that is a nice perk - but because today is my spring thanksgiving. Today love has put things in perspective.

Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you love and are loved!

No comments: