Monday, September 29, 2008

I got a little side-tracked...

This weekend I got a little side tracked. My grandfather is in the hospital recovering from a stroke - so I made him a photo quilt instead of making NICU isolette covers. He needed something to keep his spirits up and that became my priorty. And we think the Rehab nurses will be able to use it to work on his speak, saying our names - little bit of a motivational tool. I couldn't resist. You understand. (pics soon)

So - here is the pattern my buddy and I developed for the OmniBed isolette (translation: Cadillac of the isolette; amazing life protecting machine). If it works, I'll post it in its entirety for anyone interested.
We are going to the fabric store TODAY so I can at least make a mock-up tonight and take it to the NICU for a trial run tomorrow. I've got to get back on track.
Here are the two original covers. They were made from a pattern we found for the Step-Down isolettes (translation: I'm-getting-closer-to-going-home Bed; still very awesome in action). Good Luck our little twins. Lots of people are praying for you!















No comments: