Thursday, September 4, 2008

'Tis the Season....

So, it seems football is just on my mind recently. Maybe its because I'm a southern woman, raised under Friday night lights and Saturday showdowns. But, this is the time in 10 years that a member of my family has not been participating in the high school football scene. I marched for 4 years. Sis marched for 1 and cheered for 2. Bro played football for 4 - while the big sisters assumed our role as #1 fans.

My alma mater's first game was tonight. I know a few of the boys playing and alot of the families sitting in the stands.... but I didn't make it out to watch. I'm not even sure how I feel about it yet... it makes me miss my brother and sister. AND they charge me $7 to get in the game now!

I'll be there with bells on next time though. It's date night down south! Go 'Stangs!

No comments: