Sunday, July 3, 2011

No baby - and a quilt to show for it

The official due date for our little man is July 6th. It's now July 3rd. No sign of baby.

But on the bright side, I have a new quilt to show for it. Found a great tutorial here, and decided to make it a full size to fit E's new "big girl bed."

But that meant I needed 144 circles for 144 squares for a 78x90 quilt. So here they are...

And then they got put together...


And then they made their way onto the play room floor until I was happy with the planned-randomness of it all. And what came of that was this....



I'll admit I cheated on the backing fabric. I found a king sized sheet I loved and bought that instead of fabric. Mostly because I didn't have the time or energy to piece yet another item together - but I'm telling everyone it's because I got such a good deal on it.

I do love the finished product. I'm not a bright colors person - more of a neutral girl, but E is nowhere near neutral, so I love it for her room.

What does tomorrow hold? Maybe a baby, maybe not. But at least E's quilt is finished... and maybe a painted poster for Hot Rod's room. But only time will tell :)

*Quilt top fabric is a Moda Layer cake found at a local quilt shop (while E ran a-muck in the little store) paired with a Kona White from big box fabric store.

No comments: