Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The one where I almost die...

So last week I took to completing brisk walks.... seeing as how I had surgery and al -l figured I should add an extra week to my 5k training schedule. Clearly a safety precaution. Right?

Then Sunday evening officially started the Couch-to-5k regimen. And luckily Hubsy agreed to tag along and push the baby/ hold the dog.

Because I would have given up.

Instead I almost died.

Hubs kept pushing me and motivating me... and withholding water from me until I could catch up to him. All I kept thinking was how I wanted to punch him in the face lucky I was to have a running partner. Something to make me finish all 8 sets. I mean, he has a freakin' bionic leg. If he can do it, I can too.

Because 2 60 second jogs into the program... I was ready to call it a night. Thought my heart was going to come out of my chest and my legs were going to shut down and I'd be all dramatic and fainting like that crazy lady on Biggest Loser during the first episode.

Yup. Almost died. Was pretty sure I was going to. Every 60 seconds felt like a cruel and unusual punishment. That awful, sweaty, head swelling, heart pounding, rubbery-legged minute almost did me in. But I finished. Because of Hubs.

And now I am super pumped for our 2nd installment run tonight. Funny how that works once you feel accomplished.

Thanks hubs. For sticking with me. For reals. (But I control the water bottle tonight, fo' sho.) Much love!

No comments: