Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Adventures in the (baby) kitchen...

Let's be honest.

I had all these great intentions of making my own baby food as Erin approached pureed-food stage. And then the stage hit and as a working mother things went a little differently. Really 1st foods were just vegetable/fruit +water. It can't get much simpler than that. The time it would have taken me to get it together - when I'm not really that good of a cook to begin with - was a wash when I considered the pre-made baby food price with coupons.

But now...

Now those ingredients aren't so simple. Random things like onion powder and stuff are starting to show up on the ingredients label. So I got inspired again and I am happy to report...

Erin loves the homemade foods so much more. And I do too. I just made an Acorn Squash and Apple puree and pretty much want to eat the bowl myself. (In fact, it said this was a good recipe for finger foods, so next time half may be for mommy and half for baby!)

A little gusto and encouragement was all I needed.

What sites or books have you found that were helpful? I want to include spices (besides cinnamon) soon. So give me some motivation if you will....

Mommy and baby will appreciate it!

1 comment:

Christy said...

i used http://superbabyfood.com/ for inspiration and to get me started but don't stress too much about it all - bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes - brocolli - it is all really easy stuff! are you still cloth diapering? i abandoned it some time ago - but picked up a few from Punch and Judy today to hopefully get me re-inspired to do it more often