Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Local Surprises

There are so many things to do in this area that we never take advantage of. Luckily, there is a blog for Southern Mamas, just to keep me on my toes... and my children from driving me absolutely batty in this heat.

I've been wanting to visit the SandBox museum on Hilton Head since I saw it's advertisement on the aforementioned blog. So, with the heat reaching unbelievable heights - what better way to spend a Saturday inside than to make the short hop over to SC?

The museum wasn't quite what I expected since I had been to this museum before. But it was the perfect first museum outing for us. We met up with some friends and let the kids play and learn in the cozy environment for almost 2 hours.The art station. Not ready for paints at my house.. thank you very much.
And yes, there really is sandbox in the sandbox museum. Along with a plane cockpit, a building station, and a full kid-friendly kitchen.

As you can tell, Wyatt had just as much fun as his sister.

And the cherry on top was a stop into this little gem - Sweet Carolina Cupcakes. Um... heck yeah. There is no better nap than that coming down from a sugar high. Needless to say, it was a very quite ride back over the bridge to Georgia. Sweet Dreams!




No comments: