Thursday, August 25, 2011

Perfect

My terribly sweet husband so often reminds me that when we first met I didn't want kids. In fact, we had a long, emotional discussion about it before he decided to propose. Needless to say, his prayers did not fall on deaf ears because I had a strong change of heart before we decided to commit the rest of our lives to each other and our family.

And if you ever ask my best girlfriend, she'll tell you that - if someone told us 5 years ago that we would have 5 kids between us by 2011, there is a strong chance that I would have made a swift about face just after I told you how crazy you must be.

But here they are. The family and I took a little day trip up to meet Jessica's 3rd child and introduce our second child to the mix. Here our the newest little nuggets in our happy meal.

Wyatt Dumas - 5 weeks, Eli Cox - 7 weeks

Erin Dumas - almost 2, Addie Kate Cox - approaching 3
(Owen- Jess's second child- had enough of the girls took a nap)


The view from where hubs is sitting is more than I could have ever envisioned. During our little day trip, Jess's message board read "Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful."

Sometimes perfect is never what you expected it to be... and that in itself is wonderful.

No comments: